White Hall-Clermont Foundation
White Hall State Historic Site
White Hall State Historic Site
Home

White Hall
Clermont

Step through the front doors of White Hall State Historic Site and you are transported back in time. 

Revolutionary War veteran General Green Clay first built his home Clermont in 1798-99. His son Cassius M. Clay went on to rebuild around the original structure in the 1860s and renamed the house White Hall. The house remained in the Clay family until 1968 when

P719159902

family members donated the home to the state of Kentucky. The state then purchased 13.5 of the original 2000 acres that surrounded the mansion. After much renovation and preservation the home was opened to the public as a state historic site in 1971.

Like
 us on Facebook!

th_facebook_logo

White Hall State Historic Site
was named a Historic Site in Journalism by The Society of Professional Journalists in 2011

Click Here to learn about the ceremony.

  Home   The Mansion   Clay Family   Links   The Foundation   Slavery 

Home

 Website funded by the White Hall-Clermont Foundation

White Hall State Historic Site
500 White Hall Shrine Road     Richmond, KY 40475-9159
Telephone: 859-623-9178               Fax 859-626-8489

free stats
 

 

© 2008- 2013 White Hall Clermont Foundation
Website Designed and Maintained by Graphic Enterprises

 GELOGOsm